ABOUT THE INSTITUTE FOR CANADIAN CITIZENSHIP (ICC)
Canada’s future relies on immigrants not just coming here but staying here and becoming active, engaged citizens. The ICC’s goal is to unlock Canada for newcomers.
Our programs include:
- The Canoo Access Pass, which welcomes hundreds of thousands of newcomers to Canada by providing free access, via its app, to our national partner network of over 1400 parks, museums, galleries, science centres and other sports and cultural attractions.
- Building Citizenship, which sees the ICC host 60 enhanced citizenship ceremonies each year nationwide.
- Ideas and Insights, our research and advocacy arm.
Our organization stands on the precipice of explosive growth. Fundraising is a critical part of that growth, and we are currently seeking a Senior Manager, Philanthropy to join our team. Our team is incredibly driven and passionate about our work. If you’re looking for a diverse and exciting workplace, this is it!
The ICC office is in downtown Toronto, with some team members working remotely in different locations across Canada. Learn more about our purpose, programs, culture, process and perks here.
About the Role :
Reporting to the Senior Director, Philanthropy, you will possess a high level of enthusiasm for our work and for fundraising and will cover a broad range of duties to support the ICC’s fundraising and philanthropy efforts.
What You’ll Do:
- Manage the Annual and Mid-Level giving campaigns and lead corporate sponsorships
- Support Senior Director in ongoing solicitation and stewardship of major donors, prospects and potential partners
- Work closely with the Senior Director on outreach to donors, prospects and potential partners • Manage and support the Philanthropy Coordinator in scheduling and logistics of donor meetings, small-scale events and large-scale gala events
- Lead prospect research through Grant Connect, web research, and iWave platforms and other vendors
- Manage the drafting and review content for fundraising proposals, campaigns, stewardship and reporting
- Lead delivery of stewardship and impact reports from start to finish, including annual impact and stewardship reports and board reporting
- Manage continual updates of donor activities, communication and gifts in Salesforce and donor and gift trackers
- Inform and execute the fundraising strategy, budgeting, annual planning
- Lead the ongoing digitization of historical donor data, data entry and tracking of donations and relationship information in Salesforce
- Support in gift processing and financial processes
- Approve and support all aspects of content for fundraising campaigns
- Support the Senior Director in managing the philanthropy team support staff, including the Philanthropy Coordinator, summer students, volunteers and future hires
- Possible travel across Canada
- Other support in all activities of the Philanthropy department, including major gifts, sponsorships, corporate giving, as required
What You’ll Bring:
- Demonstrated knowledge of fundraising and the Canadian not-for-profit sector
- Excellent organizational skills coupled with the ability to work independently, and manage competing priorities
- in a high-volume and results-oriented environment
- Related education/training and 5+ years’ experience in fundraising or sales
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills, and demonstrated success in proofreading and editing
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills, with the ability to work collaboratively with the team
- and across departments
- Experience with fundraising databases and CRMs (we use Salesforce)
- Bilingualism in French and English is considered an asset.
- A base salary of $75, 500.00 – 95,500.00, commensurate with experience
- Plus 10% salary premium if you are professionally bilingual in English and French
- A comprehensive benefits package, including extended health and dental benefits
- Opportunities for growth and advancement within the team, as well as professional development and training
- Our approach to compensation is a conversation with you. We want to discuss compensation with you to make
- sure we get it right.
Interested? Great! Please submit your cover letter and CV to email@example.com quoting the job title no later than
February 8th, 2023.
- The hiring process will include the following stages:
- Phone Screening
- Interview with Philanthropy team members
- Second Interview with leadership team members
- Reference checks prior to offer
We thank all candidates for their interest but only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Applications will be accepted and reviewed on an on-going basis.
The Institute for Canadian Citizenship is an equal opportunity employer committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free
recruitment and selection processes, and work environments that support a diverse workforce. If you require
accommodation measures during any aspect of the recruitment process, we will work with you to address your needs.