Status: Full-time (permanent)
Location: Toronto or Remote
About the Institute for Canadian Citizenship
The ICC exists to unlock Canada for newcomers. Our programs include:
- The Canoo Access Pass, which welcomes hundreds of thousands of newcomers to Canada by providing free access, via its app, to our national partner network of over 1400 parks, museums, galleries, science centres and other sports and cultural attractions.
- Building Citizenship, which sees the ICC host 70 enhanced citizenship ceremonies each year nationwide. These ceremonies are a significant life milestone in people’s lives, and we take this opportunity to welcome our new citizens and highlight the roles and responsibilities that come with a Canadian citizenship, with a particular focus on Reconciliation.
- Ideas and Insights, our research and advocacy arm.
The ICC was founded by the 26th Governor General, The Right Honourable Adrienne Clarkson and internationally-acclaimed intellectual, John Ralston Saul. The ICC office is located in downtown Toronto with some team members working remotely in different locations.
Our team is incredibly driven and passionate about our work. If you’re looking for a diverse and exciting workplace, this is it: our 19 staff hail from 13 different countries.
Why we need you and what you’ll do:
You understand that inclusion isn’t something you say, it’s something you experience. You’re looking to contribute to an important cause: putting new Canadians at the front of the line for VIP experiences and the possible start to their new lives in Canada. We want you to put that passion into action here at the ICC, to push our marketing and brand awareness capabilities to the next level and ensure no new Canadian goes without the Canoo app.
Our programs are only as valuable as the number of people who use them, multiplied by the frequency and intensity of use. Programs such as Canoo can only have success at scale if we are able to acquire and engage members, and build them into a lasting community that contributes back to the future success of the program.
As the Digital Marketing and Communications Lead, you will ensure that newcomers to Canada can get the very most out of the programs we offer. You will develop and implement strategies to promote the Canoo Access Pass and its various offers, as wells as the ICC’s other programming for newcomers. A portion of your work will be to facilitate our members’ journey from “user” to “contributor”, in close collaboration with our philanthropy team. You will oversee our owned media marketing efforts – email, social and website – optimizing lifecycle campaigns, transactional communications and social outreach to provide newcomers with maximum benefit at this crucial time in their lives.
You will report to the Senior Director, Digital Products, and will have one direct report on your start date.
- Be the leading subject matter expert for all our email marketing and social media marketing efforts across verticals – Canoo, Philanthropy and Building Citizenship
- Take ownership of ICC’s prospect database, to evolve and manage targeting and list segmentation strategies, the ICC’s social media accounts and campaign publishing calendar, and our website
- Identify opportunities to optimize performance and achieve engagement, conversion, and growth targets
- Lead the team to plan, publish and promote a variety of digital content across 3 pillars – email, social and website to optimize performance and achieve engagement, conversion, revenue and growth targets across different segments.
- Own end-to-end production of email campaigns, including audience segmentation, A/B testing, QA, and reporting
- Plan and execute pre acquisition prospecting campaigns, post-acquisition nurture campaigns and churn reduction campaigns across our digital channels
- Track, Analyze and report on campaign and business metrics, and update approach to optimize performance across mutually agreed goals
- Have demonstrated your capabilities in implementing best practices of data backed digital marketing, especially in email, but also social media and community growth.
- Are excited about pushing for community management excellence; seeing engagement and acquisition numbers increase fuels your fire.
- Enjoy the data and analytics aspects of communications, and are driven to run data-backed experiments to push performance
- Are keen to use your skills to contribute to the ability of hundreds of thousands of newcomers to make Canada their permanent home
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in lifecycle/email marketing, lead nurturing, marketing automation and A/B testing
- Strong understanding of email and CRM best practices, i.e., knowledge of best practices in content creation, list management and targeting, knowledge of dynamic content and campaign automation
- Good understanding of acquisition, engagement and retention campaigns
- Experience with Salesforce, Campaign Monitor or similar database and marketing automation tools
- Experience with Social media metrics, running social media campaigns, and social media tools like Hootsuite.
- Bilingualism in English and French is an asset, as is proficiency in other languages spoken by newcomers to Canada.
- $60,000 – $70,000 per year plus 10% salary premium if you are professionally bilingual in English and French
- We offer a comprehensive benefits package, an extended health and dental group benefits package.
- Our approach to compensation is a conversation with you. We want to discuss compensation with you to make sure we get it right.
Interested applicants should submit their cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org including why they care about making Canada the most welcoming country on Earth, by July 17, 2022
We thank all candidates for their interest but only those selected for interviews will be contacted. The Institute for Canadian Citizenship is an equal opportunity employer committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes, and work environments that support a diverse workforce. If you require accommodation measures during any aspect of the recruitment process, we will work with you to address your needs. Information related to accommodation